Do They Really Do "road Test"?

I'm about to get a 70,000 mile service on my 2000 ES300. I was always curious if the dealership really performs the 'road test' as listed in the service maintenance guide. Personally, I wish they do so that the experts can tell me how my Lexus runs.

Plus, how easy is it to change the cabin air filter on 2000 ES300? I had tried once before, but couldn't "turn over" the floor carpet....

It's easy to change the filter in a relative world. Try again. The carpet is glued in with some tacky glue.

All dealers are suppose to road check. Most of the stuff "road checks" consist of during normal maint. can be checked by looking at the parts during service. Anything left over generally falls under the "So how has your car been doing lately?" question.

Now if actual repair is being done, yes every mechanic will *try* to road test - assuming they have enough time to do so.

Only real way to know is to watch/track the car leave the lot..

I do think they take it out for a road test... mostly every time i take them into service i check the ODO. Sometimes it doesn't change, and others it's up a mile. My guess is that they take it down the street (less than a mile) and it migh roll over to the next mile on the ODO.