Oil Light Came On!

ok so i started my car this morning to goto school.....after about 10 seconds the oil light came on (i was still in park) i shut the engine off immediately and checked the oil. it was on the LOW line wtf......anyway i added about half a qart in their, check the oil again it seemed more or less normal level. I started the engine the light didn't come on. THen i wen tto school........

someone explain please? I checked and theres no leak and the engine doesn't seem to be burning it. suggestions?

There's the yellow low oil level & red low oil pressure.

For future reference:

Low oil level is inconsequential. You can drive indefinitely if it's low on oil, so long as it can pick-up the correct amount of oil. The top quart is nothing more than extra. (Low oil level lights around a half quart under the top fill quart).

If low oil pressure is EVER seen after cranking, the engine needs to be shut off

immediately.

The reason is that the oil pump can deliver enough pressure by spitting oil & building air pressure in the system to turn the low oil pressure light off.