Just Bought 2001 2wd Rx300

ptpatrick

I am extremeny happy with the car...I bought it from a reputible used luxury car/subaru dealership here in Mobile, AL. The selection of cars down here was VERY limited in the wake of Katrina and so many cars being bought up, but i would like to think I got lucky on this one. It has 63000 miles, it was a lease car in Florida for the past 4 years. The factory warrenty of over and I didnt get the extended from the warrenty companies, because I have heard some of the warrenty companies are no good, and...its a lexus. I have lot of faith in Toyota/Lexus, and Honda/Acura. I previously bought used Honda CRV with 60K, and no warrenty and drove it 3 years with out one trip to the shop. So I have been lucky.

Anyway, just wanted to say how cool the car is. Right now I have 89 grade gas in it but I am going to try 87. The average mpg on the panel right now is saying 17.7, and I would like to squeeze a nother mpg or 2, any suggestions?

Just curious to see the price you paid for your RX. I purchased a 2001 RX 300 Silversport about two weeks ago and wanted to compare the deal I got. Thanks.

I am extremeny happy with the car...I bought it from a reputible used luxury car/subaru dealership here in Mobile, AL.  The selection of cars down here was VERY limited in the wake of Katrina and so many cars being bought up, but i would like to think I got lucky on this one.  It has 63000 miles, it was a lease car in Florida for the past 4 years.  The factory warrenty of over and I didnt get the extended from the warrenty companies, because I have heard some of the warrenty companies are no good, and...its a lexus.  I have  lot of faith in Toyota/Lexus, and Honda/Acura.  I previously bought used Honda CRV with 60K, and no warrenty and drove it 3 years with out one trip to the shop.  So I have been lucky. 

Anyway, just wanted to say how cool the car is.  Right now I have 89 grade gas in it but I am going to try 87.  The average mpg on the panel right now is saying 17.7, and I would like to squeeze a nother mpg or 2, any suggestions?

Try a full synthetic motor oil for better mileage. I switched from a blend to full synthetic at 115k and got another 1.5 miles per gallon.

Try a full synthetic motor oil for better mileage. I switched from a blend to full synthetic at 115k and got another 1.5 miles per gallon.