Tune Up

VMF

just changed the caps rotors wires and spark plugs and it took me 4 hours.......

what can i say, lexus likes to built their cars complicated, same work took me 40 mins on my brothers legend. here i had to take serpentine belt and a pulley in order to be able to get to one of the rotor caps!!!! and i had to take whole intake system off in order to get to the spark plugs om the right side. too tires to work on pix right now, will post only couple:)

the rest comes tomorrow:)

caps and wires looked like they have never been changed, i checked at the dealer the car was at the dealersip last time at 60k and changed only spakr plugs and filters, cables were 6 years old originals

timing belt as well shows wear and aging, will replace this or next weekend

100_0006-vi.jpg

ive never seen a car where you have to remove half of the engine just to change spark plugs and wires, i even hated it for a little while. to replace 8 plugs takes a lot of time and energy, but i guess its worht it, will test drive tomorrow and also change fuel filter, too tired now and its too late

100_0005-vi.jpg

i cant do it in my garage, i will take the radiator when i will do the timing belt, i cant drain my coolin system in my garage, will do it over my friends house

you said that you have never seen a car where you have to take appart half of the engine to change wires? well check out german engineering, didyou know that you have to separate the engine and trans just to change the spark plug on a BMW 750i (the V12) i heard it costs about a grand to chang sparkplugson it :o

i know in porshe u have to lower the engine just to change oil, my GF's dad's friend is a porshe enthusiast and he nas a limited edition air cooled carrera 91 and i saw him changin oil. thats some pain in the !Removed!. but as to japanese cars i think lexus is the worst. looks like the specifically desgined cars for their users not to be able to do service themselves.

yea it is a little complicated but in japan the average car owner doesnt keep his or her car for more than 6 years because taxes get way high on it :o just wait till you have to change the starter motor. guess where it is...............under the intake manifold :o :o i had to do it already it went out about 2year ago the heat gets to it and kills it its about $1200 to change at the dealer and most other places because to unbolt the starter there are two nuts or bolts i forgot which one but they are so close to the fire wall that its a big pain in the butt to get them out <_<