Mp-3 Player

Shebco,

My objective was/is the same as yours, to go in eyes wide open. I read your post and have a few questions:

* I'm not sure I understand your comment "you really had to work hard to get playlists to play correctly." Could you please explain this further?

* I was able to get an electronic copy of the installation/operations manual. The manual shows the unit can be disconnected from all of the cables. If this is true, why would I have to remove the head unit cables if I need to remove the VAIS unit?

* I was aware of the 2 comm speeds but understood my iPod Mini could connect with the high speed. Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

Mike

I have no problems w/ the Playlists other than what I posted earlier, I would assume his issues are software related.

Yes, you can disconnect the unit from the cables on the latest model, this would simplify updating.

It is set for the latest ipods as default, this can be easily reprogramed.

Shebco,

My objective was/is the same as yours, to go in eyes wide open. I read your post and have a few questions:

* I'm not sure I understand your comment "you really had to work hard to get playlists to play correctly." Could you please explain this further?

* I was able to get an electronic copy of the installation/operations manual. The manual shows the unit can be disconnected from all of the cables. If this is true, why would I have to remove the head unit cables if I need to remove the VAIS unit?

* I was aware of the 2 comm speeds but understood my iPod Mini could connect with the high speed. Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

Mike

I haven't had a chance to try the new program with the higher speed yet but the old one had severe delays in changing playlists. In fact, half the time it would default back to the program version display and you had to rotate through the modes to get it working again.

I was not able to disconnect the unit from the cables and still have my head unit work. If they changed that in this version, fine, but mine would not. By cabling down to behind the lower right panel (next to the passsenger's left leg) you can certainly disconnect it easier.

My 40gb iPod is a 3G which worked fine before and is listed as compatible in their manual. Now it would only work if it was factory programmed in the slow speed mode. Your mini is a 4G I believe so it would work with high speed.

I plan on buying a new iPod to replace mine, I just think people should be aware what the unit can and cannot do.

I plan on buying a new iPod to replace mine, I just think people should be aware what the unit can and cannot do.

I think you are using the older AIC-100 unit. The newer SoundLinQ unit that replaces it has plugs that can be removed from each end and the firmware update adresses some of the problems you mentioned.

Mine is enroute and I will post my experience with it's quirks once I get it installed and play with it for a bit.