Cell Phone Pause And Wait?

tachy

I have a 2006 GS 300 which links to my bluetooth Motorola V330. I have successfully sent my phonebook entries, but any entry that had a "p" or a "w" for pause and/or wait, in order to enter an extension number or my return number for a beeper, did not transfer to the car's phone book. Instead of 555-1212w1234, the number I see on the Lexus is 555-1212 | | with those vertical bars instead of any extension or phone number.

when you dial (from phone book or one touch), all you get is the main number, and unfortunately with the lexus, you cannot enter ANY addtional numbers to get an extension number because the car is moving. Therefore when I call work, all I get is a recurring message to enter the extension number, and I cannot figure out how to enter it (without using the cell phone on my belt).

According the the lexus manual, it looks as if the Lexus GS system is supposed to be able to handle P or W commands.

Is there something I am missing? Is there any way to do this? I have tried to even save the extensions as a separate one touch or phone book entry, but using the lexus it seems, you cannot get to any one touch or phonebook entry ONCE you have already dialed a number. It only seems to allow number entry from the keypad, which unfortunately you cannot do (and probably should not do) while the car is moving at all.

Any help would be appreciated. A large percentage of all the calls I make are to beepers or phone numbers with extensions.

(on one of the other threads, someone said something about using the * key on the lexus or the + key, but I cannot seem to get anything to work.)