06 Rx Satellite Radio

lexus411

• 2 weeks later...
Lexus will make satellite radio available in Feb 06 for the 06 RX's. Once that happens there will be a kit retroactive for the 06's sold prior.

Thanks for the info. What is the source for the kit info?

Any info on if the kit will work with the current 06 in-dash unit or will it require a new radio as well?

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket satellite in-dash unit currently available? If so does it work with the steering wheel controls? I've seen the posts about the AC controls etc. making it difficult but was wondering if maybe the demand has created a market for one.

• 1 month later...
You can get it know i did two RX 330 today one with sirius one with XM. I used a ES 330 kits for both of them you just have to get creative with mounting them some were.

Using what radio? how much is this procedure and are you a mechanic.

I work for car electronic store and we do all the aftermarket installs for a big Lexus dealership.Like I said I used the factory XM and Sirius kits from a 2006 ES 330. But since there is no kit made for this car you have to get creative. I put both units behind the glove box in the passenger kick panel there is room in th RX 330. The rx 400 has a couple extra modules in ther so you have to go all the way to the back of the truck under the rear storage compartment. If you want to do sirius in a RX 400 I suggest you use a LX 470 kit cause the harness is longer. If you have ever seen any of the kits there is a part of the harness that want you to go to the factory amp. The only thing they get from the factory amps constant power(yellow wire) and ground(black). So you can cut that out and get constant and groung anywere you want. I've also done a Gx 470 that also work fine. The only thing I found that was funny on the RX instead of spelling out SAT on the screen it says TAT1 TAT2 TAT3 but other than that everthing works great.