Ls400 & Sc400 Afm Interchangeable?

kcpth

Hey guys.... once again... i have yet another question that i didn't find in a search.

But my sister's boyfriend has a 93 SC400 and he has something wrong with the AFM (Air Flow Meter). I can't help but notice that my 92 LS400 and his 93 SC400 have the same exact engine. One mechanic told him that his AFM is gone. I know we shouldn't be doing this.... but we r both broke.... so we went to the junkyard to look for the part. It's actually quite hard to find it believe it or not. I guess there just isn't that many SC400's lying around.

So my main question is.... since most of the components in our engine bay are similiar except for the air intake and other minor parts.... can i pick the AFM off a 92 or 93LS400 and put it in his car? I'm sure i'll have to unscrew the filter bay or something like that to get it to work. This one guy has a 94LS400 and that should work too right?

Well thanks a lot guys for the help.

Well the junkyard dude was telling me the other day that it will fit and that it will work. But i dont want to purchase something without consulting you guys. Anyone have any suggestions? Should i also try posting this in the SC400 forum? SK do you have any clues? Thanks guys :lol:

Well the junkyard dude was telling me the other day that it will fit and that it will work.  But i dont want to purchase something without consulting you guys.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Should i also try posting this in the SC400 forum?  SK do you have any clues?  Thanks guys  :lol:

http://car-part.com/

Looks like 92-95 are the same, looks like $100 is the best deal.