Defective Bosch Air/fuel Sensors

bluestu

The way I handled it was to address with the retailer I purchased it from, they contacted Bosch direct and worked out the issues to insure reimbursement for costs associated with faulty parts. My reimbursement came directly from the retailer and they recouped from Bosch. I just provided all receipts for parts and services purchased and an outline from Mechanic of the troubleshooting he did.

The mechanic who fixed my car also uses Bosch, and he said he addressed with his sales rep when he had issues like this for other customers.

So you got a bad A/F sensor too. I remember you posting that you replaced with Bosch, but thought it was fixed. Has something else happened?

I purchased a Bosch sensor from a local parts store. I put it on and the code kept popping back up. I eventually took it back off thinking there had to be something wrong with the sensor and the parts store exchanged it for another. The next day the parts store informed me that the sensor I returned was a Denso/Toyota A/F sensor. I think they thought I was trying to pull something on them. After reading the posts on this forum I realized that Bosch was packaging sensors that were actually defective Denso sensors. The whole thing is a bunch of crap. I spent a lot of time and energy trying to troubleshoot the problem, not to mention having to explain to the parts store what was going on. They were as baffled as I was. At least next time I'll realize what's going on.