91 Ls400 Fuel Filter

vyhanh

Hi,

Last night, I changed my son's 91 LS400 fuel filter according to lexls.com instructions. I may add that it would be much easier to undo the 2 bolts that attach the filter to the frame and also undo the bolt of the bracket that wraps around the filter. It is because with these bolts loosened up first, it is much easier to unscrew and screw the filter.

I got onto ALLDATA website and found out that you can disconnect the fuel pump from the trunk and stop the gas flowing thru the fuel line at the filter.

Hi,

Last night, I changed my son's 91 LS400 fuel filter according to lexls.com instructions. I may add that it would be much easier to undo the 2 bolts that attach the filter to the frame and also undo the bolt of the bracket that wraps around the filter. It is because with these bolts loosened up first, it is much easier to unscrew and screw the filter.

I got onto ALLDATA website and found out that you can disconnect the fuel pump from the trunk and stop the gas flowing thru the fuel line at the filter.

Hello:

Do you know at which mileage are they supposed to be changed, in accordance with the Lexus manuals?

C

Will look up my workshop manual tonite and let you know.

Hi,

Hello:

Do you know at which mileage are they supposed to be changed, in accordance with the Lexus manuals?

C

Hello:

there is really no set mileage fr this to be done, but if you have alot of miles on the car already i suggest you do it