Hot Exhaust - Clinking

AppleJack

I just replaced the starter motor on my SC400 - and accidentally had two iginition wires flip flopped. Of course it ran pretty rough - and I actually went around the block with it (5 minutes) thinking maybe there was some carbon build up after I clean out many passages in the throttle body - manifolds etc ...

Well, I've now corrected the ignition cables and it runs fine - but now I notice that when I shut off the engine - I hear that thermal cooling sound - like "clinking" from underneath the passenger side under the vehicle. For years I've hear some clinking from cooling and its normal to have some - but now it's pretty intense and

I"m wondering if I could have screwed up my catalytic converter? I also notice a fair amount of heat generated from beneath my vehicle if it has been running for 15 -20 minutes and as I open the door on the drivers side the heat just swoops up...

Does my car have 2 catalytic converters? Is there an easy way to tell without removing the catalytic converter?