96 Es300 Jumped Time, Belt And Tensioner Look Okay

rispeed

96 Es300, changed timing belt 6 weeks ago, last night just sputtered and died..

Rear cam jumped almost 90 degrees, but the belt is still tight. (The motors got 190 on it) but cant explain why it jumped time, please help me out..... the belt and gears and pulleys and tensioner are all okay...

I put the belt on right aligned the cam back up right, and all 6 cylinders have similar compression now, as opposed to when the belt was off the rear 3 had 0 compression...

is there a high chance of serious valve damage, should i just put the motor back together and run it, im almost to the point where i have the rear cylinder head off, but if theres not valve damage its pointless..

Ryan

Nope. You should be fine damage wise, it's non-interference. You do need to put new belts on it, and it's past time for a water pump if you didn't around 180,000m. The idler pullies also need to go, so does the hydraulic tensoner. Every other timing belt change. Don't drive on a slipped timing belt it will fail again.

Two of my favorite example pictures ever.

MVC-261F.jpg

timingbelt.jpg