Which To Use? - Sway Bars/strut Tower Bars

The stock GS suspension has a bit too much roll for me. I would like to firm up the suspension so that the car corners better but not to the point where the ride becomes uncomfortable. I have heard people talk about sway bars and strut tower bars. Which is best to use? What are the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other? Thanks

STBs will only hold the front suspension in place. It will help a bit with steering response.

If you want to deal with body roll, then you should look into sway bars. Get a set of Daizen sways. They give you MUCH better cornering response while retaining much of the stock ride feel. Contact Todd at TM Engineering to get a set.

Sway bars are great but so is just increasing the tire pressures never mind you can save alot of gas.

When I last bought tires I got a wider/lower profile than stock, 245/55 I think, and keep them inflated to 35-36 LBs which helps some. I don't want to go much over that because there are some rough streets where I live. Since I have 100K on the car and it is an ex-leased vehicle it probably has the original struts/shocks. How long are OEM struts good for? A new after market strut would firm up some of the roll wouldn't it?

If you have not upgraded your shocks/springs, that is one option to do. Aftermarket shocks/springs, however, are usually stiffer than OEM, some more than others. I have heard, however, of some people who kept the OEM shocks/springs setup and added compliant sways to control the body roll. They were very happy with the results.

The only drawback of sways only is that you are not lowered. If being lowered is not a goal, then sways would be a nice choice. If you want to be lowered, then do the shocks/springs (or better yet coilovers) first to see if the handling is good enough.