Loose Door Panel

lwlee

Just bought a used 2002 rx300.  it has a loose side door panel.  what can I do to fix it?  there doesn't seem to be any oem parts available on the net.  any suggestions?

could be one of the clips is broken or loose from the panel, lift the panel slightly and look between the panel and metal door frame. see if you can see a clip loose or broken. Use a flashlight. I wish I had a picture but I don't. The clips can probably be obtained at a auto uphostery shop or sometimes at a hardware section in the local Auto parts stores.

There are 3 orange stubs when lifting the panel slightly. I'm not sure what's supposed to securely hold the panel to the door frame. Any thoughts?

I used to have a Chilton Honda manual. Would the Lexus rx300 version detail this type of assembly?

Just bought a used 2002 rx300.  it has a loose side door panel.  what can I do to fix it?  there doesn't seem to be any oem parts available on the net.  any suggestions?

could be one of the clips is broken or loose from the panel, lift the panel slightly and look between the panel and metal door frame. see if you can see a clip loose or broken. Use a flashlight. I wish I had a picture but I don't. The clips can probably be obtained at a auto uphostery shop or sometimes at a hardware section in the local Auto parts stores.

Those orange clips plug into holes in the door frame, they generally are plastic and can become dislogded from the door panel or unplugged from the door frame. sometimes they break, and won't clip in. You should see corresponding holes in the door frame for those clips. There can also be metal clips. Or both. I can't remember when I removed the door panel to replace my lock mechanism. If the clips seem lined up with the holes you push them into the holes carefully with your hand on the oposite side of the door panel.. Good luck

The holes in the door frame, shouldn't they have clips so that the orange plugs should snap into them? If so, then that's the problem, the holes are missing the clips.

Those orange clips plug into holes in the door frame,  they generally are plastic and can become dislogded from the door panel or unplugged from the door frame. sometimes they break, and won't clip in.  You should see corresponding holes in the door frame for those clips.  There can also be metal clips.  Or both.  I can't remember when I removed the door panel to replace my lock mechanism.  If the clips seem lined up with the holes you push them into the holes carefully with your hand on the oposite side of the door panel..  Good luck