Rainbow Effect On Led Readouts

Lexuses71

In my '98 LS400, I have noticed in last few days that when it gets warm inside the interior, the greyish background the temperature and clock LED starts to give off (for lack of a better description) a 'rainbow' effect of sorts. Makes me think something's about to go south.

When the interior or outside temperature cools down, the effect dissapears.

The readout area gets a bit darker around the edges also until the effect goes away.

The car IS 7 yrs old....

Is something about to go out here??? And is it something I need to worry about??

Appreciate any responses from same year owners who have seen this themselves....

Your LCD displays are heading south.  They are adversely affected by heat and will

slowly continue to degrade further with time.  A common problem.

Obergc, that's exactly what I suspected. Had a friend who once had a '97 Avalon. Nice care, but I first noticed this phenomen on her car then, and the day I took my LA home, I wondered if these would shopw the same 'symptom'. Wll, sometimes you have to just weigh up the pros and cons of any car, and the pros on the LS outweigh this minor distaction by such a large margin, I am not going to worry about it.

However, I do appreciate you giving me "the true bottom line".

Anyone have a general idea how long these will last before they just go...blank? Car is a '98.