The Drop Zones 06 Gs300

Hey everyone Im new here and just wanted to get your opinion on a car that we just did at a shop Im a tech @. Any opinion, good bad whatev. Thanx. I mainly posted bacause i know its a fairly new car with very few shops out there that know wtf they're doing when it comes to workin on them I know it can be quite a task finding out what will work and what wont work. The wheels are dazz mayas. 20x 9 up front and 10's in the rear (can't recall tire size)

And yes we did figure a way to get the tire pressure monitoring system to still work and still work properly. It looks slammed cuz It is! No rubbage except when there are more than 2 people in the car. Umm.....Oh and no we didn't have to roll the fenders or cut em. The hardest part was....The whole thing B) Ill be on the forum at least once a day to check how u guys like it. One last thing, Documented the whole lowering job pretty much from beginning to end with photos and all. Not sure what Ima do with the pics but if demand is High and I got some spare time I could put a how to together in pdf form on disc. Just puttin it out there for you do it yourselfers.

Any Q's dont hesitate. My aim sn is master of apex. Thankz again in advance.

dsc01023_large.jpg

dsc01026_large.jpg

dsc01025_large.jpg

picture-022_large.jpg

06gs-on-dubbz_large.jpg

Edited by SKperformance

hey i would love to see that "how-to" on lowering the gs. how much did it cost?

i have 20"x8.5" on the front and back and they rub in the front when making sharp turns. so i'm a little confused on how these dont rub.

also, how did you overcome the "low tire pressure" sensor warning??

thanks, and thats an AWESOME looking car!

Um... Oh I think I know why ur car rubs and this one doesnt even though the rim is wider. . . The tire we used is a bit undersized for the rim so the rim face is more succeptable to curbage. But on the brightside, the tire clears the wheel well nicely and it's still safe to roll on. Ill try to post a pic up close to show you what I mean. This is for the boss' bros car so we had the latitude to experiment. As far as the low tire pressure warning, we never had a problem with it. We engineered a way to put the tire sensor back in the wheel. Dazz charges more than $400 to do it. Took like a whole day of pondering and arguing, not to mention the cussing, but hey it worked. It's funny cuz our local lexus dealer condecendingly said it couldn't be done AT ALL! So I got the guys name, we may cruise down there and ask him for a second opinion tomorrow. Glad you like it.

Nice job. I am not a fan of these Mayas but wheels are always subject to personal tastes. ;)

What did you use to lower the car? Tanabes?

As for rubbing, it will depend on offset and tire sizing. I guess if you are using "underspec" tires, you have less rubber on the sidewalls and are paying for it a bit on the ride quality. It is a compromise that each person need to assess.

Is the owner planning any more mods? :)

to second NEO's question, what springs did you use??

also, where in rancho are you located?? my bro/sis-in-law live out there and i visit them quite often. maybe next time i'm out there i can get my car lowered too...

how much do you charge? and how much was it lowered? 1" or 2"?

to second NEO's question, what springs did you use??

also, where in rancho are you located?? my bro/sis-in-law live out there and i visit them quite often. maybe next time i'm out there i can get my car lowered too...

how much do you charge? and how much was it lowered? 1" or 2"?

Yes we used tanabe coils. we charge 599.00 Including alignment. Tanabe makes 2 different sets of coils so it depends on how low you wanna go. We tried both and ended up with no finger gap with the first set of springs and a Thumbs gap with the second set. Both heights looked nice I liked the first set cuz it was lower

. I live in rancho, but the shop is in upland. About 10-15 mins away off the 10 fwy. Ity's called "The Drop Zone." Been in biz about 10 years. Thanks for the props. Btw NEO im wit u. Im not a big fan of da bling either but I was actually surprised at how well they looked. I like less flashy wheels. But 2 each their own.

As far as future mods, Im tryin to convince him to get a lip kit for it, but he thinks its too low. My argument to him is....If it rolls and turns properly, then it's too high! Then again both my cars are uber slammed.

so that $600 includes the springs and installation?? thats a good price....i've only seen ONE 06 Gs430 here in AZ thats lowered and he told me that he got it done through a local lexus dealership and they charged him $1000, he also went with the 2" drop and looked insane...

i'll have to drop by your shop next time i'm out there....

is your shop anywhere near Mountain Ave and Foothill blvd?? my bro and i own a cigar lounge out there thats why i ask...

Tanabe makes 2 different sets of coils so it depends on how low you wanna go. We tried both and ended up with no finger gap with the first set of springs and a Thumbs gap with the second set. Both heights looked nice I liked the first set cuz it was lower

From the feedback I've read, the DF (lower of the two) do not ride very well. The NF (although less low) would be a better choice for those who don't want to lose too much comfort. DF + stretched tires? Wow. How is the ride quality compared to OEM (not compared to your other dumped cars ;))?

Tanabe makes 2 different sets of coils so it depends on how low you wanna go. We tried both and ended up with no finger gap with the first set of springs and a Thumbs gap with the second set. Both heights looked nice I liked the first set cuz it was lower

From the feedback I've read, the DF (lower of the two) do not ride very well. The NF (although less low) would be a better choice for those who don't want to lose too much comfort. DF + stretched tires? Wow. How is the ride quality compared to OEM (not compared to your other dumped cars ;))?

The ride of the DF spring (the lower if the 2) was never really an issue compared to stock. It was firm yet forgiving definitely faaaaaaar more acceptable than ANY lowered car/ truck I have ever driven. It still feels like you are in the lap of luxury. If the car was not on a rim such an agressive offset and so wide, we wouldn't have had the rubbing issues whatsoever. That being said the DF springs would have been left alone.

Oh and Blue06GS. We are off mountain and 9th st. A few blocks away from foothill so feel free to stop by.

Unfortunately the rim rubs on the rear tire well ,slightly, but it does rub when more than 2 people are in the car. So when someone spends that kinda coin on a car they definitely don't want a seadan that can't seat 4 people without issues.

But on the other hand If it was MY daily driver, I would say F it and just roll with less than 3 people in the car whenever possible. I know Im retarded I just love the way sedans and wagons better yet anything with 4 wheels and a motor looks when its slammed. .

So in short the ride was never even an issue.It was the rubbing that caused us to end up changing to the NF spring. Still looks pimp tho. About a thumbs gap (maybe less) all around I wasn't expecting it to look nice anymore after we changed the spring but it still gets my stamp of approval. We'll see how these settle.

Oh BTW If you have a GS430 on any rim bigger than 18" Seriously consider not using the DF SPRING! The reason I say so is the same exact spring is used for the gs3 and 4 series. After the DF springs settled on the GS300 I would guess the total drop was about 2 to 2 1/2 inches NO JOKE! I can't imagine how much lower the 430 would go with the extra weight of that hefty V8.

So If I was someone going with 18's or 19's and not too aggresive of an offset and not a I would definitely go with the Tanabe DF the low spring. But with a 20" rim on a low pro tire or wider than 9 1/2 in the rear, or with a GS430 on anything 18" or bigger,and I think they come stock on 18's, then get the Tanabe NF spring. Thanks for all the interest and I hope Im helping you guys decide if and when you do mod your GS what will best suit you.

Wait. The pics are of the NF or DF? Where are the rear wheels rubbing? The fender lip of the top of the wheel well?

As for the engine weight, it should be a non-issue. I am not sure about the new V6 being used in the 06, but in the 98-05, the I6 was using a cast iron block while the V8 used an aluminum one. The two ended up weighing about the same. This is how many aftermarket suspension companies were able to offer one setup for the GS300/GS400/GS430.

Sorry to confuse. The pics are of the DF (the lowest spring). But we have since swapped them for NF's because they would rub in the front and rear with more than 2 people in the car. Ill try to take some updated pics and post em on mon.

As far as the weight thing, I didn't know that and now I think about it, it makes sense. Sounds like you have done your research neo.

Sorry to confuse. The pics are of the DF (the lowest spring). But we have since swapped them for NF's because they would rub in the front and rear with more than 2 people in the car. Ill try to take some updated pics and post em on mon.

As far as the weight thing, I didn't know that and now I think about it, it makes sense. Sounds like you have done your research neo.

hey blaqman, do you have the NF springs in stock? I will be out there Oct 7-10 and would love to get the springs installed while i'm out there. possibly that saturday Oct 8th? let me know.