Wind Noise In 97 Es300

alain1

Guys, I need you help

I bought a used ES 300 wich had a minor accident on the left side. It is fixed bow, but the plastic cover between the front and back windows are missing. the wind noise is very high. If I need to change tha plastic cover I need to remove the rubber seal because it is also damaged. How easy it is to change it my self ??

Guys, I need you help

I bought a used ES 300 wich had a minor accident on the left side.  It is fixed bow, but the plastic cover between the front and back windows are missing.  the wind noise is very high.  If I need to change tha plastic cover I need to remove the rubber seal because it is also damaged.  How easy it is to change it  my self ??

You mean these (pillar moldings)?

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=22781&hl=

I just installed new ones last week. The weatherstrip should be very easy to install.

the problems is people close the door by the window and it gets out of alliment. so its not the rubber but the glass.

you can try putting suff behing the weather stripping to build it up a little and start yelling at people when they close your door by the window.

the problems is people close the door by the window and it gets out of alliment.  so its not the rubber but the glass. 

you can try  putting suff behing the weather stripping to build it up a little and start yelling at people when they close your door by the window.

Yeah, never slam the doors on the ES or close it with the window (90 - 01 models). :(

:cheers: