99 Es300 Amp Questions

Hi,

I am doing a stock install of a lexus 2002 navigation into my 99. I have a few questions for the sound experts here about the amp and speakers.

I am confused about the amplifier whether it will work with everything or not. Here is my setup:

Stock (non-nakamichi) system with CD changer. I am installing a Toyota Camry type navigation system in it that is able to directly control the CD changer.

My question is whether I need a new amplifier for this or would my stock amplifier do? Is the 99 amp digital or analog?

Is this a JBL brand?

Anyone had experience doing this?

Thanks so much

Hi,

I am doing a stock install of a lexus 2002 navigation into my 99. I have a few questions for the sound experts here about the amp and speakers.

I am confused about the amplifier whether it will work with everything or not. Here is my setup:

Stock (non-nakamichi) system with CD changer. I am installing a Toyota Camry type navigation system in it that is able to directly control the CD changer.

My question is whether I need a new amplifier for this or would my stock amplifier do? Is the 99 amp digital or analog?

Is this a JBL brand?

Anyone had experience doing this?

Thanks so much

You need the digital amp with the 02 nav system. And everything will run perfectly.

Thanks for the quick reply. Where does this amp go and would I remove the old amp?

Behind the changer and yes the current amp has to be removed.

Does this affect the quality of sound at all? For bad or for better?

The output to the CD changer. That remains the same I am guessing since this navgation/amp is supposed to control the 6 disc as well.

The nav is actually a Lexus OEM from 2002 ES model. It takes up where the current display / audio controls are. Believe me, you will love it.

It doesnt have RCA inputs, but I have seen some Lexus 2002 IPOD/MP3 kits that would work on this too. The harness would plug in directly to the CD changer.

I am trying to understand everything so I can complete this in 2 weeks. Let me know if you are interested and we can buy together, get a bit more discount. It is costing about $1600.

What trim/bezel are you using to go around the nav?  I've never seen a '99 w/ a 2002 nav.

Do you have any pics or guides of a complete install?

Actually it is one of the easiest nav installs there is. And it is all plug and play.

• 4 years later...
What trim/bezel are you using to go around the nav?  I've never seen a '99 w/ a 2002 nav.

Do you have any pics or guides of a complete install?

Actually it is one of the easiest nav installs there is. And it is all plug and play.

Greetings dcfish, saw this conversation, I have a 98 ES300 in great condition, looking to keep a while longer, and VERY interested in this. I can get a 2002 Nav unit, but am unclear about what else I need to do. Can you provide me with any information. Your reply stated it was "plug and play." Any info is appreciated