Inner Tie Rod And Tranny Issues

mrsel3

I have 2 problems. The first came about when I brought my car in for inspection and the mechanic grabbed the front passenger side wheel and was able to shake it left and right. He showed me that the drivers side was imovable.

He then told me that I need a new inner tie rod. Since he is not my mechanic I told not to do anything and will take the car to the mechanic later.

I wanted to know if what this guy was saying sounds right.

Also I have tranny issues. The care kicks when a start driving from standing. It is rather anoying. I was thinking of doing a tranny flush. I wanted to ask you guys before I go do it.

it sounds funny, but that might be the same problem. also, search and read up on tranny flushes. it kinda depends on the flushing history of the car. I would do a drain and refill at both places if you dont know how long its been or the condition of the fluid. i may be wrong though, people have discussed that topic at great length on this forum though (or on club lexus).

i guess i should explain what i meant by same problem. when your car gets going to a certain speed, and your tie rod is malfunctioning, the car kinda switches which wheel's toe-in to use. so it feels like a jerk to the left or right (same way every time). it may also not be the tie-rod but that should be fixed anyway and from there you should be able to diagnose what steering component is out of whack. your symtoms usually happen when the car has been in an accident and the components don't run parallel anymore. it's knda like "bump-steer"