Connecting Ipod To 2001 Is300

I just got my first iPod and would like to connect it to the factory installed unit in my 2001 IS300.

What are your experiences? Is an FM Modulator like the Scosche FM-MOD01 modulator the way to go? How is this to install on the IS300?

Is a much more expensive solution like the Vais AIC-100i worth it?

Or how about a simple cassette adapter? Will this do any damage to the cassette deck in the IS300?

Thanks very much in advance for your advice.

Mike in Seattle.

• 3 months later...

I just got my first iPod and would like to connect it to the factory installed unit in my 2001 IS300.

What are your experiences? Is an FM Modulator like the Scosche FM-MOD01 modulator the way to go? How is this to install on the IS300?

Is a much more expensive solution like the Vais AIC-100i worth it?

Or how about a simple cassette adapter? Will this do any damage to the cassette deck in the IS300?

Thanks very much in advance for your advice.

Mike in Seattle.

I am using the cassette adapter and it works great. I turn the volume up on the ipod to about 75% and set the EQ to acoustic (on the ipod). sounds great! Not intrusive, but you have to deal with the cord from the tape. Other than that it works great.