Tein Edfc

ok quick question, as i searched for "tein edfc" and couldnt find my exact response

so with the tein cs coilovers, i know you can get the edfc for 300$ more. and i know that it adjusts your settings from inside the car, so you dont have to bust out the wrench everytime you want to adjust your ride.

my question is what exactly does it adjust? is it dampening/height? just dampening? just height?

anyone with this installed on your car or know of it installed if you could help me out i would really appreciate it.

also, feedback on how you like this combo on your gs. i will be probly getting 20 x 8.5 in the spring and am gonna need to make sure this will work first off

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS

An EDFC stands for "electronic dampening force controller".

It basically turns a knob on top of each strut to make the shocks firmer or softer by pressing a button on the display that moves the motors in step increments.

Just makes it easier to drive and find what you want to set the firmness 2. Beside getting out and turngin it by hand.

EDFC = Electronic Damping Force Controller

I'll give you one guess what it controls. ;) No height adjustment.

It saves you from having to manually adjust each corner when you want to modify the damping. The fronts are not that bad but having to bend over/climb in the truck and pull back the liner whenever you adjust is somewhat a pain. You can only adjust them as sets: front and rear. You can not adjust each individually.

There is also 3 saved locations so you can "tune" the car for soft cruising or more aggressive response (within the limits of whatever coilover you have) at the touch of a button.

The system comprises of 4 motors, a controller, and wiring. The motors replace the click/step nuts that are at the top of each coilover unit. When you adjust the coilovers with each click, it is merely a guideline to keep the settings uniform. The actual valve is "analog" and can be opened and closed to whatever setting. The EDFC (if you choose) can increase the resolution of the settings from 16 clicks to 32. I don't know anyone that needs to fine tune their street car to that level but it is there. :)