Rain Sensor Problem

Cutter

Need some help from the pro's out there.

Had my windshield replaced because of crack from a stone bouncing along the highway. After the rain sensor did not work because of an air gap between the sticky silicone rubber lens and the windshield. Called the guy back-supposedly fixed it but no joy- problem still exists.

I took the module off and cleaned the rubber lens with soap/water, then another time with isopropyl alcohol. Also cleaned both surfaces with alcohol. Held the unit under pressure against the window overnight with a telescoping rod, and after I remove the pressure the lens separates and an air gap forms between the lens and windshield- making the rain sensor inoperable.

Any suggestions? I could call the guy back but was hoping to fix it myself and be done with it.

Thanks

Jim

If you tamper with it yourself after the windshield place said they fixed it, then the windshield place has no obligation to help you further. Call them again and tell them it is still not working. Give them opportunity to fix it. If they can't, inquire as to whether or not they will reimburse you to have a Lexus knowledgable shop repair it or bring it back to operation.

Does this windshield place deal with rain sensors and Lexus windshields on a regular basis? When I had to have my windshield replaced, I called my dealership to find out who they outsource their window business to. Turns out it was 20 mintues from my house.

Lastly, make sure a fuse isn't blown and that a wire may not have become disconnected. Does the electroni mirror still function?

steviej