Trying to decide on a new lexus

Hello all.

I'm new to this board and I've been trying to decide on a new car. I've looked at the BMW 3 series, which is tempting. However, I know for a long term purchase, the Lexus is a better choice. I'm considering the GS 300 due to the fact that I don't have a lead foot so I haven't considered the 400. I would appreciate any help or advice anyone could give in regard to making this purchase. I must admist that the GS line is a little expensive for me but the IS doesn't appeal to me too much.

Thanks!

Brad

BRAD,

You cannot go wrong with EITHER the GS300 OR the GS430. It all depends on your personal tastes. However, I wouold suggest that you at least drive the new 430, or an older 400 before making a final decision. The V8 engine is very addicting, and the insurance is more costly, but for MY personal tastes, there is NO comparison. THAT is why they make BOTH the 6 cylinder and the V8.

I tried both, and was instantly hooked on the throttle response and the handling of the more powerful car. HOWEVER, now that the GS300 SPORTDESIGN is available, the handling issue has been addressed. The SPORTDESIGN in my opinion handles better than the GS430 due to stiffer struts and springs (called EURO SPECIFICATIONS by Lexus). Give THAT a try too before settling for the stock GS300.

Good luck on whatever new GS you decide on. You can't go wrong...after all, it IS a LEXUS!

GSEREP1

• 1 year later...