05' Rx330 Bluetooth Call Quality Issue

derekyeu

Hi,

I have an 05' RX330 with the factory Bluetooth speaker phone. I tried it with a number of cell phones and have the same issue with outgoing voice quality. I can hear the other party loud and clear, but the other side always has problem hearing me clearly. Is it a known issue with the system? I seem to have problem with the GPS Voice command too. Could it be the mic inside my car is faulty? I literally have to yell when I talk on the Bluetooth speaker phone.

Derek

I think voice quality does suffer with this system, i have a 400h with im sure the same components as the 330 and many of my calls struggle to hear me, altho i can hear them well. When i use a bluetooth headset with my phone the voice is very clear on both ends. I have a feeling there is a technical issue going on with the Lexus system, i use a treo 650 btw. If people cannot hear me well i switch to the headset, also I think the mic in the vehicle picks up alot of ambient noise and that is also an issue with the voice quality.

I think voice quality does suffer with this system, i have a 400h with im sure the same components as the 330 and many of my calls struggle to hear me, altho i can hear them well.  When i use a bluetooth headset with my phone the voice is very clear on both ends.  I have a feeling there is a technical issue going on with the Lexus system, i use a treo 650 btw.  If people cannot hear me well i switch to the headset, also  I think the mic in the vehicle picks up alot of ambient noise and that is also an issue with the voice quality.

Which version of the Treo firmware are you running? I cannot get my 650 to work in my 05 Rx 330. :-(

The treo 650 will work with the Lexus bluetooth system. You have to sync it using the instructions in the new car Navigation manuel. The twist with the treo is when you sync it with the Lexus even if you follow the steps exactly it will not say at the end that you were successful however in fact you are synced and you will be able to make calls using the treo and the in car system. My carrier is Cingular, they have a new firmware update at the palm web site, this update in particular improves the ablitiy of the treo to work with the any 'car kit'. The update software for a cingular 'locked' phone is 1.15-CNG Hardware A. If you have a different carrier make sure you have the latest update from them.