Heres The Low Down

While I was in Louisiana a couple of weeks ago, I took my 96 to a Goodyear place(my sister needed an oil change) so I asked the guy to put in some freon. After about 30 minutes of them messing around with my car they come and tell me a vavle is leaking, and the compressor is shot. Although they didnt charge me for the freon that they took out of the car, they stuck me with a 60 dollar bill for a computer check that I didnt ask for, but thats not the point. I have found a compressor on Ebay for 250 shipped. Within the next few months I plan on Turbocharging my car. My question is this...should I just take the compressor off and get a new shorter belt to fit, or should I replace it? A shorter belt I'm thinking will make the engine rev alot faster, but I'm not sure of this.

Also, my brakes are acting up bad and it hasn't been but maybe a little more than a year since the last brake job. When I say they are acting up, I mean when I put the car in drive and let it idle the brakes squeak. Should I take the car to Lexus or should I go to mineke?!

Thanks,

Jacob

Tha a/c is really a personal choice, depending on your local and personal needs. It's necessity to me. You will save some gas and free up some HP removing it. <_< If you do just go to a parts store and get a shorter belt. Maybe one for a supra with no a/c. <_<

Do the brakes yourself! Use factory pads if you want to reduce squeal, check the wear indicator on your current pads.