Front Brakes

mh6

Greetings all,

done some searches and not coming up with a answer.

Here is whats happening with my 99 RX300 and it just started........when I put it reverse and roll back a little bit and then put it in drive and come to my first stop regarless of short or long distance, I hear the pads clank against the caliper housing after that it does not do it again til I go into reverse again.

I have had my RX now for 9 months and it just started.

Lexus said it was normal <_< give me a break...... :lol:

I am getting ready to remove the calipers and paint them do to them being rusty in appearance (any suggestions on that subject are welcome also)

Any feedback is appreciated and thank you for your time :)

Discussion threads on a TSB on Lexus brake pads making noise. In addition, RX300's front pads do not have wear indicators integrated w/ pads - they are clip on. Whoever design the OEM pads should be fired.

TSB on Lexus Brake Pads Noise

OEM Brake Pads Shifting Noise TSB

I would go for ceramic pads since you are out of warranty. But if you have excellent negotiation skills, try to have Lexus to do this TSB under goodwill.

Or you can go with ceramic pads as I did - JDM cars have used them as OEM pads for years.

Japan Ceramic OEM pads

Discussion threads on a TSB on Lexus brake pads making noise.  In addition, RX300's front pads do not have wear indicators integrated w/ pads - they are clip on.  Whoever design the OEM pads should be fired. 

TSB on Lexus Brake Pads Noise

OEM Brake Pads Shifting Noise TSB

Hey Tuned ,

thanks for the info, I will study them and see what my options are.

"Whoever design the OEM pads should be fired." :lol::lol: and for a few other designs :D