Does Srt Intake Really Save Gas Mileage?

:wacko: I WANT TO BUY A SRT INTAKE FOR MY GS400 YEAR 2000. HOWEVER I ASKED ALOT OF PEOPLE AND THEY TOLD ME IT WILL SAVE YOU A MILE OR TWO PER GALLON AND SOME SAY THEY DON'T SAVE ANYTHING AT ALL. I NEED SOME HELP FROM PEOPLE WHO HAS THIS INTAKE INSTALLED ALREADY FOR SOME ADVICE. I JUST WANT TO SAVE SOME GAS ON THE CAR. DO YOU EVEN THINK IT'S WORTH IT FOR THIS.. THANK YOU

No.

:wacko: I WANT TO BUY A SRT INTAKE FOR MY GS400 YEAR 2000. HOWEVER I ASKED ALOT OF PEOPLE AND THEY TOLD ME IT WILL SAVE YOU A MILE OR TWO PER GALLON AND SOME SAY THEY DON'T SAVE ANYTHING AT ALL. I NEED SOME HELP FROM PEOPLE WHO HAS THIS INTAKE INSTALLED ALREADY FOR SOME ADVICE. I JUST WANT TO SAVE SOME GAS ON THE CAR. DO YOU EVEN THINK IT'S WORTH IT FOR THIS.. THANK YOU

My fuel milage went up after adding this. I think for people who it hasn't, probally romp on it alot more, to hear the engine, therefore not driving it for fuel efficiency. With stock wheels, SRT and Borla I was at 23.5 normally. Before I was around 21.5-21.9.

My fuel milage went up after adding this.  I think for people who it hasn't, probally romp on it alot more, to hear the engine, therefore not driving it for fuel efficiency.  With stock wheels, SRT and Borla I was at 23.5 normally.  Before I was around 21.5-21.9.

So you actually save 1-2miles per gallon on your car. My car is fully stock, except for Tom's signal side mirrors and grounding kit and 2 spoilers. I have seen a tiny little improvement on the pick-up from before grounding kit and after, but I was just wondering would I be making the right choice spending $500. on an intake just to save some gas. I was also told the ground kit would save gas, But I really don't see an difference from before and after. Thanks for your replies

My fuel milage went up after adding this.  I think for people who it hasn't, probally romp on it alot more, to hear the engine, therefore not driving it for fuel efficiency.  With stock wheels, SRT and Borla I was at 23.5 normally.  Before I was around 21.5-21.9.

One last thing is how loud is your car now with the SRT and Borla installed compared to stock. I love my car and it is really quite when I drive it now. My wife doesn't really care on what I do to the car, Except she doesn't want it to sound like my Honda after intake...etc done to it. Thanks again

No.

Thanks for the reply

So you actually save 1-2miles per gallon on your car. My car is fully stock, except for Tom's signal side mirrors and grounding kit and 2 spoilers. I have seen a tiny little improvement on the pick-up from before grounding kit and after, but I was just wondering would I be making the right choice spending $500. on an intake just to save some gas. I was also told the ground kit would save gas, But I really don't see an difference from before and after. Thanks for your replies

---

You were expecting it to take how long, exactly, to pay for itself? $500 is an awful lot of gas--even @ today's priices. You want to save a couple of bucks on gas? Try coasting more often... and don't drive unless you have to (no kidding--these gas prices are no joke). You will not believe the diference if you remember to coast more often; 1-3 mpg improvement easily.

Regards,

Matt

NEW YORK IS ACTUALLY $3.79PER GALLON FOR SUPER. AND THEY SAY IT IS STILL GOING UP FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG!!??? I ACTUALLY WANTED THE SOUND OF THE INTAKE TO BE MEAN.. BUT THEN AGAIN, THANKS GUYS

---

You were expecting it to take how long, exactly, to pay for itself? $500 is an awful lot of gas--even @ today's priices. You want to save a couple of bucks on gas? Try coasting more often... and don't drive unless you have to (no kidding--these gas prices are no joke). You will not believe the diference if you remember to coast more often; 1-3 mpg improvement easily.

Regards,

Matt