Is 300 Tires

jackhop

hey everyone...i bought 2 sets of 2 dunlop sp sport 9000 tires from tirerack.com this year and have been getting a vibration from both the steering wheel and floorboard from 40-60mph on a consistent basis. i have done just about everything to get rid of the annoying vibration. i have had the tires balanced numerous times, rotated, aligned, etc. i have gotten from two people that the tires are not at the best "round" so to speak...i know that no tires are perfect, even from the start. they said that one of the tires has a radial run out...that is more than likely causing the vibration. i would hate to have to buy another tire and the same thing happen. the question i really have is if anyone else has had this problem w/ these tires and how to deal with it as well as with the warranty...can i get a new tire out of the deal or not? thanks a lot.

hey everyone...i bought 2 sets of 2 dunlop sp sport 9000 tires from tirerack.com this year and have been getting a vibration from both the steering wheel and floorboard from 40-60mph on a consistent basis.  i have done just about everything to get rid of the annoying vibration.  i have had the tires balanced numerous times, rotated, aligned, etc.  i have gotten from two people that the tires are not at the best "round" so to speak...i know that no tires are perfect, even from the start.  they said that one of the tires has a radial run out...that is more than likely causing the vibration.  i would hate to have to buy another tire and the same thing happen.  the question i really have is if anyone else has had this problem w/ these tires and how to deal with it as well as with the warranty...can i get a new tire out of the deal or not?  thanks a lot.

It probably depends on how generous/honest Tirerack is and their relationship with Dunlop, but there should be a maximum radial runout spec. and if your tire is outside that spec, they should replace it.

hey everyone...i bought 2 sets of 2 dunlop sp sport 9000 tires from tirerack.com this year and have been getting a vibration from both the steering wheel and floorboard from 40-60mph on a consistent basis.  i have done just about everything to get rid of the annoying vibration.  i have had the tires balanced numerous times, rotated, aligned, etc.  i have gotten from two people that the tires are not at the best "round" so to speak...i know that no tires are perfect, even from the start.  they said that one of the tires has a radial run out...that is more than likely causing the vibration.  i would hate to have to buy another tire and the same thing happen.  the question i really have is if anyone else has had this problem w/ these tires and how to deal with it as well as with the warranty...can i get a new tire out of the deal or not?  thanks a lot.

It probably depends on how generous/honest Tirerack is and their relationship with Dunlop, but there should be a maximum radial runout spec. and if your tire is outside that spec, they should replace it.

hey, thanks for the reply...ill have to dig out the invoice and perhaps e-mail tirerack...these tires are really new, nothing like that should happen so soon...dont you think? i hope they can replace it.

hey, thanks for the reply...ill have to dig out the invoice and perhaps e-mail tirerack...these tires are really new, nothing like that should happen so soon...dont you think? i hope they can replace it.

A good tire store can measure all 4 tires and give you a number in inches or whatever for the runout. That might also confirm the particular tire giving trouble.