V8 Supercharged 03 Toyota 4runner

Kennyr

I know there are alot of Toyota fans on this site. Sunday my daughter picked me up in her 03 4Runner V8 supercharged with 20,000 miles on it. She bought it from a toy dealer that way used about 6 months ago. The supercharger was put on at that dealer for the original owner. By the way she paid 28k for it even though they wanted 34k. I must have raised her right. Anyway we were going to drive to see and play with her sister up at college about an hour and a half from my home. The first thing she said to me was your driving today. OK with me but in your bad !Removed! car. It pulls like a freight train when you put your foot in it. Otherwise you cant tell much difference. The bottom line I'm getting at here is I am a car guy and love driving a smooth car like my old LS way better than any suv, and I've driven them all. A newer LS wouldn't be all bad though. I'm getting that LS430 itch.

The new generation 4Runners are incredible, makes me want to sell my 2002 for a new version, but I wouldn't be able to pay the difference for a V8, let alone a supercharged one. My friend's first car is a 2004 4Runner Limited V8, converted to leather and with Sirius radio and back up camera installed by previous owner, as well as a Borla exhaust. The V6 version has mor torque than the V8 which is suprising, but at speed the V8 feels like it has more power on tap. Your daughter is one lucky lady. My friend's parents paid 27k for it, has 15k miles, and it's mint.

Lucky *BLEEP*. :angry::rolleyes:

Back in Dec. when I was looking for a new car I really wanted a 4Runner. We looked at a Limited that wasnt in good shape and kept a look out in the paper. One day my dad was on the bay and found a 01 SR5 with the TRD package and it was the coolest thing I have ever seen. It was red and had huge tires and was perfectly taken care of. Mobil every whateever. The PO even taped some reminders under the hood thats how much he cared about this thing. I gotta say the older 4Runners never were that fast (I think we have had 3 total) but this truck pulled like no other!! That supercharger made it go like nothing. I would have loved to buy it but the price and there is no head room in the older ones and me and my dad are pretty big guys. Thats why I got the BMW instead. I still wish I had found a 98 LS though : (. I bet that V8 in the newer ones would be awesome with a supercharger!!!

thanks

Yep, I'm happy with my 2002, had a 1996 SR5 4WD and I got it to burn out on stock Dunlops. Sold 2 years ago with 80k miles for $11,000. Limited Edition Lavender Metallic paint, it was a beauty. And no electronic nannies to spoil your fun. :D

Now I have the 2002 Limited 4WD, can't slide or burnout, and still gets horrible mileage. About 10% more refined than the '96. :(

post-18112-1124929967_thumb.jpg

Very nice!! I love Toyota so much. A Toyota will probably be my next car. I love a huge luxury sedan that is able to get the MPG's it does and still be able to hold 4 people comfortably! Plus the seats in the LS destroy the ones in the BMW. I love the feel of the leather in my BMW but the Lexus seats are a lot esiser to get in and out of. I have to park on a street and its crowned of course and I can really see how this is affecting the seat. The LS seats are fine thaough.

thanks