Quick Question

My right front fog light is cracked on my 93 GS300. and i had the crack filled. but if it gets wet, you can see water inside of it and thefore the light stopped working and the lense turned brownish now inside. How do i get that thing off so i can clean it and replace that light? i asked lexus about gettin a new cover/lense for it. they wanna make me pay $116.50 for a piece of 4 inch wide glass for a 13 year old car. but yea i just wanna clean that thing real quick, could someone gimme a quick step by step for it?

The best thing for you is to get a new fog light. The best place is on ebay. I know for my car 98 GS300 the fog lights run $50-75 each.

But if you want to take the light apart. Stick it in the kitchen oven (don't use the microwave) for maybe 5 minutes and the glue/silicone will soften up so that you can remove the lense from the housing. Keep checking the light every minute or two to see if the lense will come off, but 5 minutes in the oven should do it. Stick a flathead screwdriver in between the lense and housing and slowly pry the lense off the housing. It should come off fairly easy, if not you need a few more minutes in the oven.

Then clean the lense and clean off the excess glue/silicone off the lense and housing.

After both pieces cool off silicone them back together.

I did this on both of my fog lights and they work just fine.

Let me know how you turn out.

So what exactly am I sticking in the oven, and how do i get that off my car and in the oven? I was just wondering how to change the lightbulb in my right foglight, and get the "lense" of it cleaned so its not foggy and brown. i guess its the same situation as ppl complaining that their headlights are getting condensation inside or fogging up.