Curb Impact

91L3xus

Stupidity warning: Have common sense, unlike me...

Well I tried to keep up with my friend's S4 on new Toyo's, left turn at 40 MPH, so I take it too. Word of advice, Aquatreads are NOT Proxies. So I make the turn, realize I'm going more straight ahead then left, slam the brakes, fronts lock up (where the :censored: is the :censored: ABS?!?! ), rear right swings around, and hits the concrete 6 inch curb. Sounded like a machine chomping on metal. :chairshot:

I get out, and I see this.

Visual blemish isn't the thing I'm worried about; it's my allignment. At first I thought it was riding lower in the rear, but then realized that I love to freak myself out, parked it on level ground, and it was all the same height.

Should there be anything to worry about, like losing the rim at 65? Because it isn't loose on the hub, just the ugly-!Removed! scrapes. <_<

post-18112-1124819407_thumb.jpg

Lest there is more than the superficial damage in the picture, then probably not. More so than the wheel, I would be worried about the suspension parts & geometry itself.

If you're lucky, the wheel is probably just a little out of balance. I would at least take it off to inspect the inside of the wheel, tire & suspension parts.

Don't feel bad, we all slide our cars around at some point too! Case in point, I flipped my protege backwards off a 20' cliff, landed on the trunk & rolled between some trees on the roof. Woot!

I still get this ES sideways, but this car only get's a workout on some big gravel roads near some family way out in the country. Gotta be careful, that rear sway bar will bite you in the !Removed! real good if you let it heh.

Lest there is more than the superficial damage in the picture, then probably not. More so than the wheel, I would be worried about the suspension parts & geometry itself.

If you're lucky, the wheel is probably just a little out of balance. I would at least take it off to inspect the inside of the wheel, tire & suspension parts.

Don't feel bad, we all slide our cars around at some point too! Case in point, I flipped my protege backwards off a 20' cliff, landed on the trunk & rolled between some trees on the roof. Woot!

I still get this ES sideways, but this car only get's a workout on some big gravel roads near some family way out in the country. Gotta be careful, that rear sway bar will bite you in the !Removed! real good if you let it heh.

i have slide my car a few times, never on purpose. this car seems to understeer ,more than oversteer. which is what u felt, understeer.

once i hit the fresh painted, turn arrows on the road, when it started raining, slid it sidway around the curve, countered and punched it, all good glad nothing was close. the second times was in a sharp turn i normally take at bout 45, but it was early and i was tired so i hit it at 35 the rear end caught up with me, again i countered and punched it and strightened up. there was some older woman standing out side that saw the whole thing, her jaw was dropped, i guess it ain't every day u see a lexus drift around a curve. i guess i am lucky :whistles:

Hijack, sorry 91. ;)

Ya, not every day you see a lexus lideways!

My favorite Lexus related picture is still the LS430 Motortrend had sideways @ Michilen test proving grounds in their A Taste of Tire Testing article. (Great reading btw - should be required to read to drive a car)

112_0405_tires01_l.jpg

;) Grab a rear sway bar if you don't like understeer. I love my whilteline. Never been more careful in the rain hah. Light end is way to easy to get to step out on dry pavement with a wheel flick & lift off oversteer action.

Fresh paint, that's a killer. So is the first rain where you wash up all build up on the road. Ew!

Hijack, sorry 91. ;)

As long as you admit it. ;) :lol:

I'm just going to take some sandpaper and smooth it out a little, see if that decreases the visual crap. Any suggestions of how I could go about fixing it?

Hijack, sorry 91. ;)

Ya, not every day you see a lexus lideways!

My favorite Lexus related picture is still the LS430 Motortrend had sideways @ Michilen test proving grounds in their A Taste of Tire Testing article. (Great reading btw - should be required to read to drive a car)

112_0405_tires01_l.jpg

;) Grab a rear sway bar if you don't like understeer. I love my whilteline. Never been more careful in the rain hah. Light end is way to easy to get to step out on dry pavement with a wheel flick & lift off oversteer action.

Fresh paint, that's a killer. So is the first rain where you wash up all build up on the road. Ew!

there was like a 8 hour time between the paint and the rain cause that morning at 7am is was not there at about 6 pm ( i know 11 hrs) they were they and it was rain just hard enough to cover the road bearly.

http://autopia.org/ - greatest car care forum... ever

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=30

I'd bust out the dremel & de-bur first, then fill & sand. It wouldn't be a hard thing to do except for the two light textures in the wheel. Go figure LoL!

I still think check for damage before writing it off. Once you touch that wheel up, no way to check unless it fails.