Check Engine Light Po172

bicol-ini

hello, for the first time the dreaded check engine light, got home and pull out my OBD II scanner comes out with this code PO172, rich on bank1 so i clear the codes, any thoughts from our emmision tech guys. greatly appreciated for any inputs or if this happens to any of you out there thanks in advance, :cheers:

hello, for the first time  the dreaded check engine light,  got home and pull out my OBD II scanner comes out with this code PO172, rich on bank1 so i clear the codes, any thoughts from our emmision tech guys. greatly appreciated for any inputs or if this happens to any of you out there thanks in advance,:cheers:

Here is the code "too rich" and some dianostic info. This is for a 1998 vehicle. Hope it helps. If you need other pages let me know.

Good Luck

LaserRon

diag_cip0171_engine_di58.pdf

thanks laserron for the pdf i also have one for my 96 but pretty much the same procedure to diagnose the MIL DTC codes, any ways did the diagnostics and come out all within specs, so from what i can conclude is probably the gas cap was not tightly returned after taking on gas, CEL never showed up again,