Stabalizer Bar Link

nc211

Guys, as some of you know, I'm dealing with this strange wobble in my car. I've been aligned, balanced, rotated, turned, dialed in, run out, and all this mess. So last night I was retracing my steps from my front end suspension work I did a few months ago while reading through the manual. I came across a part that I remember gave me some trouble. It was the stabalizer bar link connector. I read in the manual that it calls for 70lbs of torque on the bolts. I rememeber these were loose, and didn't seem to want to tighten. The problem chart indicated "pitching and swaying", which is pretty much my problem. When I get any wind whatsoever, the car's tracking pitches and sways. I don't think it's the rack, since I don't have any free play in my steering. It could be the tires, that was the #1 pick in the manual, but they look fine. My question is this: What are the "real world" symptoms of your stabalizer bar links going bad or loose? Here is a picture of the part I'm talking about. It is #4 in the picture.

Thanks guys!

:cheers:

post-15797-1124716151_thumb.jpg

Update: I checked the links last night and the bolts are about to fall off! Apparently I did not tighten them enough and they have wiggled loose, big time loose! I'll post up the results later, getting it fixed today.