New Owner Maybe

I am looking at a 1999 ES 300. Can anyone tell me anything to watch out for, or that is good. Basically pros and cons. I have driven many a lexus, and i am looking forward to this, i am trading in a VW Jetta 1.8T, tired of the mod scene. Thanks :ph34r:

check the battery, it's usually the first to replace. the factory panasonic batteries are crap imo. you could check for tire wear although i dont know if the seller would replace them if they were worn. 99 es300 is a nice car, ive driven one and its about the same as a 97-98 except for the vvt-i engine which pumps out 10 more hp. ive beaten my friend who has a 99 from the stoplight so i guess 10 more hp doesnt make much of a difference :D if you're tired of the whole mod scene, you wont mind if you kept the es stock since there's a very weak aftermarket for it :( there are no head unit kits for the stereo or body kits made specfically for that model. as mentioned in earlier threads, the es is NO SPORTS CAR although its quite fast for what it is... a luxury car. if you're worried about getting spanked by integras or 3L v6 accords or maximas... dont be :D the es really kicks in 2nd gear 60-90! :cheers:

SWEET, yeah i am not worried about the racing aspect, the Jetta i have is prety fast. (chipped) and where i live there is not much that can spank me, some can hang, but none really do it. NOt that that car was the fastest, but i want nice, not rice :D . I also think that with a Lex, you can pull more ladies ;) hahaha :cheers:

I LOVE the '99s! I have a black 97' and this house around the corner has a 99'... tho they are about the same. u can tell they are different... BUT mine has Chrome's and theirs don't... SO nany nany na na! Go for it!

~brian~