Maintenance / Service Manual Lexus 330 Es 2004?

mikek753

Noone has posted that generation ES / Camry repair manual online.

http://techinfo.lexus.com/ if you want to "buy" the OEM documents.

For anyone not wanting to do that crap... Check the same model year Toyota.

http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/index.php

So early on in the car's life, it's just the generic crap.

Replace engine oil & oil filter

Rotate tires

Visually inspect brake linigs/drumbs and brake pads/discks

Inspect the following:

ball joints and dust covers

Brake lines and hoses

Drive shaft boots

Engine coolant

Exhaust pipes and mountings

Steering gear box

Steering linkage and boots

Note: Driving in heavy traffic, on dirt roads or in urban, dusty or desert areas may shorten the life of the cabin air filter. Replacement may be needed if you notice reduced air flow from the air conditioner and heater or if the windows fog easily when you use the "Fresh" mode. Consult your dealer if any of these conditions occur.

Additional Maintenance Items for Special Operating Conditions

Driving in desert or on dirt roads:

Inspect engine air filter

Tighten nuts and bolts on chassis

Driving while towing:

Inspect automatic transmission fluid

Inspect differential oil

Tighten nuts and bolts on chassis

Personally... I advise draining the transmission pan & replacing the fluid every other oil change, or flushing it every two years. It would be a great idea if you would grab an aux. transmission oil cooler & add it to the vehicle. As skpeformance can hit on, if you want the fluid to come out like it goes in, you need to add an aux. filter (Be that transmission oil, engine oil, or even something like powersteering fluid - tho that's really stretching it pretty far hahahahaha!)

Since O2 sensors where brought up. What is the min and max voltage on the sensors? I only ask since my scanner tells me the volts of them. If they are getting old I should see less volts or no movement on my meter/scanner. If they are fine, not going to replace sensors that are fine. So far, I am around 0.493 volts at idle and moving +/-…. Hit the gas, they change (which they should).

I agree clean the EGR and others and clean. Maybe it is dirty (you would know it) and maybe fine. I clean mined and noticed nothing but I am sure it helped.

I personally changed my diff fluid everytime I do the ATF fluid (30 to 40K miles running Amsoil ATF). Fluid is as clean (and smells the same) as the day it goes in. Going to test this fall with the engine oil. Unless you are running a cheaper dino atf, I see no advantage to draining so soon <15K miles.

mburnickas typically 0.1v-0.9v.

Somewhere in the 98-01 period some brand sensors got a little better, getting up to 1.0v, and in the last few years, there are a few sensors that do up to 1.1v.

It oughta dance between 0.45v & 0.5v if you're reading it live. What you're really looking for is the time to warm up & the responce. You oughta be ale to crank the engine & start driving & get a "normal" signal in 30 seconds. It can take longer if you just idle as they don't heat up.

If you're actually reving, or driving around more than 30 seconds later & still don't have a "normal" signal, it's time for them to go.

For some people it won't matter as many OEM's (like Toyota) have been using the newer style 3.3v o2 sensors for a good number of years in some engines, instead of the old style lambda sensors.

any comments for alldata.com ?

good? bad?

does it make sense pay $25/year to alldata.com vs wait and buy a book from hayes or etc.?

tnx

I have it on the wifes car. You can also view the complete TSB and how and what parts to fix , part repairs times, etc...For the $25 it is good I feel.

any comments for alldata.com ?

good? bad?

does it make sense pay $25/year to alldata.com vs wait and buy a book from hayes or etc.?

tnx

I have it on the wifes car. You can also view the complete TSB and how and what parts to fix , part repairs times, etc...For the $25 it is good I feel.

tnx.

Does it cover how to do service? Like a how to change oil, oil filter, etc.?

Is it easy to understand? Does it come with pictures / diagrams?

YES, It has figures, wording, fluid caps, about 1000 times better then the manual. Again, for the $25, it is worth it I feel. I do not have it on my Lexus yet since this Forum is my "all data"! :) Plus my scanner helps. If I need it, I can add mu car for only $14.