Poll Spacer To Keep Intake Manifold Cool

See my survey posting on assessing interests on developing a pheno spacer for RX300, ES300, Camry V6 (1MZFE). Spacer keeps intake manifold cool and increases power.

Thermoblok Survey

Third generation ES (97-01) shares the same engine as RX and Camry V6. If there is enough interest, we can ask Outlaw Engineering to develope a new application for our cars.

Note: postings are approved by SKPerformance.

Hmmm I doubt you'll draw any intrest. You better go where the mass market is. Toyota Nation's Camry forum & Solaraguy.com is where anyone that's everyone will hang out.

Solaraguy is more than likely the only place where you'll find any legit intrest.

May be a tiny bit of intrest on Yotatech.com & Pirate 4*4 as the RX is a highlander.

On a side note.

I made a 1/4" spacer out of aircraft ply. The intake is hot enough not to burn yourself once it warms up, but it's still quiet warm to the touch. Maybe get 1-2hp from it. If anything, it just shifts the powerband a tiny bit because the runners grow slightly.

You just reminded me I owed Sean a spacer LoL!

My original OEM gasket vs 3/8" Aircraft ply one I just started.

Pre filling, pre sanding, way pre finishing.

IMSpacer-I.jpg

IMSpacer-II.jpg

IMSpacer-III.jpg

Something like that!

Somewhere between 3/8" and 5/16" is the maximum you can go on the stock allen bolts / studs without pulling them out. Since most people don't have the tools to pull a stud out (let alone a semi-corroded, frozen one). I suggest sticking way under a 1/2" & just letting anyone that wants bigger to order two!

The transverse v6's are going to have a problem. They all leave a hood imprints stock & most intake manifolds smack strut tower braces. Anyone using a spacer is going to have to ditch a strut brace (Not that they do anything, that's another discussion) & be weary of the engine rocking into the hood!

Also. It's not going to fit. The EGR pipe & rear support brackets will no longer line up.

Oh ya, whatever the name of the Toyota van is, they use a transverse 1mz-fe too. (JDM it's a Previa).

Man that van sucks... The twin turbo 1mz-fe kit has been out for like... 7-8 years now for the Previa. We soooo always get the shaft! LoL!

Oh ya, whatever the name of the Toyota van is, they use a transverse 1mz-fe too. (JDM it's a Previa).

was Previa here for a while too, then they starting pushing the Sienna.

The 04/05 Sienna's run the 3MZ-FE (same as the ES 330). I don't know what the 06's will ship with.

steviej