Tire Radial Pull - How To Correct?

flyguyco

i purchased Falken ZIEX 215/60/16 H-rated tires from Discount Tires last week. since that particular store did not offer alignments, i went to NTB.

i was told by NTB after i had a 4-wheel alignment done that my tires had a radial pull - it was pulling to the left even when i was on the right lane of a crowned road.

they rotated the tires and it is hardly noticeable now.

my question is, should i take the tires back to Discount Tires and get them exchanged due to this problem, or will the problem work itself out after awhile?

thanks for all your help!

i purchased Falken ZIEX 215/60/16 H-rated tires from Discount Tires last week. since that particular store did not offer alignments, i went to NTB.

i was told by NTB after i had a 4-wheel alignment done that my tires had a radial pull - it was pulling to the left even when i was on the right lane of a crowned road.

they rotated the tires and it is hardly noticeable now.

my question is, should i take the tires back to Discount Tires and get them exchanged due to this problem, or will the problem work itself out after awhile?

thanks for all your help!

Do you know if the tires are directional or not? Perhaps the tire store installed the tires on the wrong way. First I have heard of radial pull with the Falkens......make sure the air pressure is correct first......beleive it or not you can't rely on the tire shop as they usually over inflate the tires when they are installed. Check the basics first & let us know if the problem is corrected. B)

:cheers:

Do you know if the tires are directional or not?  Perhaps the tire store installed the tires on the wrong way.  First I have heard of radial pull with the Falkens......make sure the air pressure is correct first......beleive it or not you can't rely on the tire shop as they usually over inflate the tires when they are installed.  Check the basics first & let us know if the problem is corrected.  B)

hi Lexusfreak - yes i checked the tire pressure and inflated all to 35 psi. the tires were installed directionally correct. however i am still getting the pull to the left. i am wondering if after a few tire rotations the pull will wear itself out? or do i have to change the tires? who's to say the new tires won't have the pull either...

Having experence with the Falken Ziex 512's personally.....so far about 7 folks I know (including my wife) have them. Never had any complaints of what you are describing. Is the tire dealer prepared without any hassel to replace all tires again with the same ones? Failing that, I'd put some more miles on the car & see if a little more breaking in will improve the condition. Just dosen't sound normal to me. Keep us posted on what happens. B)

• 1 month later...
Having experence with the Falken Ziex 512's personally.....so far about 7 folks I know (including my wife) have them.  Never had any complaints of what you are describing.  Is the tire dealer prepared without any hassel to replace all tires again with the same ones?  Failing that, I'd put some more miles on the car & see if a little more breaking in will improve the condition.   Just dosen't sound normal to me.  Keep us posted on what happens.   B)

If the "pull" is truely associated with the tires, swapping the two front tires side to side should move the pull from one side to the other, at least to some degree. If moving the tires around only reduces the intensity of the pull (still pulls left), then the alignment is likely still screwed up.