Question About Stock Radio

Ok I just bought a 1990 Ls400 and it only has the standard casette player. I had a 92 with the Nakamichi AUdio 6 disc system and it sounded awesome for stock. My question is what are the differences between my system now and the nakamichi one? Also would it be possible to switch a Nakamichi system in or would it be better to find something aftermarket? My budget isnt large at all but I need some tunes!

Thanks!

the stock system is made by pioneer. The cheapest option would probably be to get a cd changer with an fm modulator. You could get an aftermarket cd head unit (find a kit here: http://www.sfxaudio.com/) but you will lose the factory subwoofer.

Ok I just bought a 1990 Ls400 and it only has the standard casette player. I had a 92 with the Nakamichi AUdio 6 disc system and it sounded awesome for stock. My question is what are the differences between my system now and the nakamichi one? Also would it be possible to switch a Nakamichi system in or would it be better to find something aftermarket? My budget isnt large at all but I need some tunes!

Thanks!

the stock system is made by pioneer.  The cheapest option would probably be to get a cd changer with an fm modulator.  You could get an aftermarket cd head unit (find a kit  here: http://www.sfxaudio.com/)  but you will lose the factory subwoofer.

Thanks!

You can install a factory nakamichi system in the LS with the 6 disc changer. All you have to do is switch the headunit, install the 6 disc changer and add a sub preamp and change the sub. Your current speakers are compatable. So you don't have to remove any door panels. The FM modulator will never sound as good as the system is capable of. ;)