Cd Changer Trouble

willf85

I have a 1991 and a 1994 Lexus Ls400. The cd changer in the 1994 was not working and had to be replaced. I purchased a used cd changer that works in my 1991 but is having trouble in the 94. The reason is that the 1994 has a nakamichi amp and the 91 doesn't. There is an extra plug-in on the cd changer for the nakamichi amp which now has no place (the used cd changer just purchased did not come from a nakamichi equipped car.) Now that the amp is not plugged in anywhere, the radio will not work either. Does anybody know how to bypass that amp and configure it to work? if not the cd changer, how about configuring it so atleast the radio will work? Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

I have a 1991 and a 1994 Lexus Ls400.  The cd changer in the 1994 was not working and had to be replaced.  I purchased a used cd changer that works in my 1991 but is having trouble in the 94.  The reason is that the 1994 has a nakamichi amp and the 91 doesn't.  There is an extra plug-in on the cd changer for the nakamichi amp which now has no place (the used cd changer just purchased did not come from a nakamichi equipped car.) Now that the amp is not plugged in anywhere, the radio will not work either.  Does anybody know how to bypass that amp and configure it to work? if not the cd changer, how about configuring it so atleast the radio will work? Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

You need a nakamichi cd changer for the 94 and a pioneer for the 91, Why don't you just get the changer and forget about the bypass.

I have a 1991 and a 1994 Lexus Ls400.  The cd changer in the 1994 was not working and had to be replaced.  I purchased a used cd changer that works in my 1991 but is having trouble in the 94.  The reason is that the 1994 has a nakamichi amp and the 91 doesn't.  There is an extra plug-in on the cd changer for the nakamichi amp which now has no place (the used cd changer just purchased did not come from a nakamichi equipped car.) Now that the amp is not plugged in anywhere, the radio will not work either.  Does anybody know how to bypass that amp and configure it to work? if not the cd changer, how about configuring it so atleast the radio will work? Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

You need a nakamichi cd changer for the 94 and a pioneer for the 91, Why don't you just get the changer and forget about the bypass.

I do plan on getting the other changer if this is not possible, I don't plan on keeping this car forever and was looking at cost efficienct ways to fix the problem. Thank you for your help.