17 Inch Wheels Vs. 18 Inch On Rx330

tealboy

which size rim are you folks seeing at your local dealership? The standard tire/rim is 225/65/17 with the option of 235/55/18. I really don't like the 18's for the following reason.

They are V rated, which means tread life is appx 24-30k miles vs. 50-60k miles for std all season tires.

The V rated are much more expensive to replace (and as noted above, they wear quickly). Cost to replace (at a discount store) is $180-200 each vs. $130.

The 18's are lower profile, meaning they handle better but the ride is slighly compromised.

Though i prefer the 17's, it seems the dealer does not have (and will not receive) them as the 18's have become a "forced option" as he put it. What is your opinion on the subject and what are you seeing in your area?

thx

which size rim are you folks seeing at your local dealership?  The standard tire/rim is 225/65/17 with the option of 235/55/18.  I really don't like the 18's for the following reason. 

They are V rated, which means tread life is appx 24-30k miles vs. 50-60k miles for std all season tires.

The V rated are much more expensive to replace (and as noted above, they wear quickly).  Cost to replace (at a discount store) is $180-200 each vs. $130.

The 18's are lower profile, meaning they handle better but the ride is slighly compromised.

Though i prefer the 17's, it seems the dealer does not have (and will not receive) them as the 18's have become a "forced option" as he put it.  What is your opinion on the subject and what are you seeing in your area?

thx

I agree.....I'd personally prefer the smaller OE wheel & tire size for the same reasons. B)

:cheers:

interestingly, i went to the lexus web site and the 17 inch isn't an option in any of the packages. Perhaps in certain other regions you can get 17, but it was impossible for me to "build my vehicle" using 17's. Strange.

Ask the dealer to factory order one with 17's or Contact Lexus USA directly by phone & voice your concerns to them. You should have the choice of the 17's or 18's in whatever region on the U.S. or Canada one lives in. B)

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

2004 6 spoke 17 inch alloy wheels like new looking to step up to the 18 inch chrome 5 spoke. thru the dealer very expensive. Ugh... Would be willing to trade. Anybody have any ideas? I'm sold on the Michelin MXV4S8 for the 18's. 440 treadwear with a very queit ride. Now I just need the rims :blink: