Nav / Handsfree Dialing / Bluetooth

Hi All,

I have a few questions about the bluetooth function and/or the phone dialing capability when the vehicle is in motion.

(1) Does the NAV system enable voice dialing? (I have a 2006)

(2) Is there a way to circumvent the inability to dial a number or even a 1-touch phone number stored on the NAV when the vehicle is in motion?

(3) If not to the above two questions, how do you cope with the very limited ability to initiate phone calls - - limited to when the vehicle is stopped?!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi, I have a 2005 RX-330 and a Nokia 6620 Bluetooth phone. The documentation from both Lexus & Nokia are lacking in usable info regarding how to exploit the Bluetooth features. However, I have learned some things through experience that I will relate - excuse me if they seem shallow but in the spirit of sharing information, I offer the following:

1) Never tried voice dialing... I think I have it but my voice and speech pattern is (apparently) so different that even the NAV system doesn't recognize my command so I have to use a falsetto voice when speaking to NAV. It is both frustrating and amusing... especially when I have passengers. Sometimes I will let them issue the voice commands to NAV. Anyway, the point is that because of this, I chose to not do the voice commands.

2) The one touch numbers should be available to you when in motion... if moving, the number will not appear but the label will. When you slow/stop, the number will also appear. Regarding the work-around, two things. I found that even though NAV will not allow dialing while moving, you can dial from your phone’s keypad while moving and hit “CALL” on your phone. Bluetooth will intercept the call and play it on your speakers just as if you had made the call through the NAV system. In my opinion, this is far more dangerous than if the NAV system worked while moving.

There may be another work-around that involves the wiring harness. I have not done this but as soon as I am out of warranty, I may work up the courage to try it. Here is a link to a discussion of this: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=21045

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

I have a few questions about the bluetooth function and/or the phone dialing capability when the vehicle is in motion.

(1) Does the NAV system enable voice dialing? (I have a 2006)

(2) Is there a way to circumvent the inability to dial a number or even a 1-touch phone number stored on the NAV when the vehicle is in motion?

(3) If not to the above two questions, how do you cope with the very limited ability to initiate phone calls - - limited to when the vehicle is stopped?!

Thanks for your thoughts.