1993 Es300 Stereo Security Code

S14KOUKI

I just bought a 93 es300 and it has SEC on the screen, just wondering if someone can help me out with steps on how to enter the code and if theres a master code or something to reset it.

thanks

The security code by default is the last 3 digits of your vin# I don't have my manual here but the procedure for unlocking the headunit is in the manual, I'll have it later. Or call a stealer for directions. Good Luck! ;)

I just bought a 93 es300 and it has SEC on the screen, just wondering if someone can help me out with steps on how to enter the code and if theres a master code or something to reset it.

thanks

The security code by default is the last 3 digits of your vin# I don't have my manual here but the procedure for unlocking the headunit is in the manual, I'll have it later. Or call a stealer for directions. Good Luck! ;)

On my '93 ES300 the security code for the sound system is the last 3 digits of the keycode, not the VIN. I got the keycode from the Lexus dealer that I purchased the car from. He looked it up on some database.

It's pretty easy to reset, but best to have the directions in front of you while you do it. I can never remember all the "push this, hold these buttons while you press that..." sequence. I can scan the pertinent pages from my owner's manual & post them if you don't have a manual.

One more thing - you get a total of 9 incorrect tries to reset. On number 10 wrong entry, the unit locks up & must be sent to Lexus for re-programmming. So no button-mashing or guessing at the code or could be SOL!

tck...

thanks

On my '93 ES300 the security code for the sound system is the last 3 digits of the keycode, not the VIN. I got the keycode from the Lexus dealer that I purchased the car from. He looked it up on some database.

It's pretty easy to reset, but best to have the directions in front of you while you do it. I can never remember all the "push this, hold these buttons while you press that..." sequence. I can scan the pertinent pages from my owner's manual & post them if you don't have a manual.

One more thing - you get a total of 9 incorrect tries to reset. On number 10 wrong entry, the unit locks up & must be sent to Lexus for re-programmming. So no button-mashing or guessing at the code or could be SOL!

tck...

My bad, Keycode it is.

• 11 months later...

Hi guys, sorry to bring this topic back, but I was wondering if someone could post the sequence on how to punch in the code. I have my code, just don't remember how to punch it in and I don't have the owner's manual to look it up. Thanks in advance.