Fuel Filter

i bought a new fuel filter (132000miles), i decided that the old one might be a little old, i have looked under thecar the best i could, and i have searched for bout 30 minutes. can someone show me a pic or tell me where the dang thing is on a 97. thanks

Wait till you try to take off your first nut. ;)

Right U R toysrme...

I was sure I was going to break the top fitting when I tried to change mine. It wouldn't budge even when I really leaned on it with a long breaker bar on my ratchet. I had visions of the car being stuck in my driveway unable to move & leaking fuel all over. I ended up taking the coward's way out - took it to the dealer to let them do it. That way, if it strips or breaks it's their problem.

Any reason those fittings have to be soooooo tight?

tck...

ps. justin97 - I've read other posts that claim the fuel filter doesn't ever need to be changed, that it's a "lifetime" filter. Don't believe it!! Mine was full of brownish crud. There's no such thing as a "lifetime" filter.

Wait till you try to take off your first nut. ;)

nut? u mean on the filter haha the one that holds it in tight was missing on mine, but the one on the bottom ogf the filter with a lil effort it came right off, then un snap the top, came right out. it took me longer to take the air box and stuff off, then it did to change it.

yeah to me lifetime means every 100000 miles :)

i was just a lil late this time.