96 Es300

I have a 96 ES300 with 228,000 miles. The cooling fan has been noisy since I can remember but this summer the car has started to overheat during hot days and sitting in traffic. It remains at normal temp during highway driving. I just replaced the fan motor that runs off the p/s fluid but that didn't change anything. It is still very noisy and still heats up when idling in traffic. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why?

I have a 96 ES300 with 228,000 miles.  The cooling fan has been noisy since I can remember but this summer the car has started to overheat during hot days and sitting in traffic.  It remains at normal temp during highway driving.  I just replaced the fan motor that runs off the p/s fluid but that didn't change anything.  It is still very noisy and still heats up when idling in traffic.  Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why?

Is this the original rad in the car? When was the last coolant change you had? Also might want to consider the water pump. B)

:cheers:

I have a 96 ES300 with 228,000 miles.  The cooling fan has been noisy since I can remember but this summer the car has started to overheat during hot days and sitting in traffic.  It remains at normal temp during highway driving.  I just replaced the fan motor that runs off the p/s fluid but that didn't change anything.  It is still very noisy and still heats up when idling in traffic.  Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why?

Is this the original rad in the car? When was the last coolant change you had? Also might want to consider the water pump. B)

Original everything except water pump at 125,000 mi. Timing belt done at 227,000 but this problem started before that. Last coolant change was at least 75,000 mi.

If you car overheats and your fan works

then something is wrong with your rad or coolant flow to it.

I agree with SK, and it sounds like your WAY over due for a complete cooling system flush! :blink: