Rx400h Waiting Time?

lol thats a big NO right there..rule of thumb: never pay sticker lol

Maybe it's a Big No No to pay sticker price when the car has been sitting on a lot waiting for someone to come in and make an offer, but there are no generous incentives given to people waiting on a list to buy the 400h. If you look close you will find deals in any state but CALIFORNIA. NO DEALS HERE!! WE PAY

M.S.R.P if we are lucky. It's all about price and demand! Sorry, but I'm one of those that will end up paying full list price, but I will not pay any dealer mark-ups.:pirate:

Yeah, I paid MSRP, but they gave me hell of a deal on my trade in :)

lol thats a big NO right there..rule of thumb: never pay sticker lol

Maybe it's a Big No No to pay sticker price when the car has been sitting on a lot waiting for someone to come in and make an offer, but there are no generous incentives given to people waiting on a list to buy the 400h. If you look close you will find deals in any state but CALIFORNIA. NO DEALS HERE!! WE PAY

M.S.R.P if we are lucky. It's all about price and demand! Sorry, but I'm one of those that will end up paying full list price, but I will not pay any dealer mark-ups.:pirate:

Yeah, I paid MSRP, but they gave me hell of a deal on my trade in :)

Thanks for the info! Maybe I can get a trade on the wife? JK!!! :whistles:

I signed up for the RX400h at my local Lexus dealer in April 2004. I was number 25 on a list of 35 buyers. They held this list too 35 to make things simple. Today is August 6th 2005 and we are still waiting to get our hands on one. The salesperson did tell me it will be any day now, but this is what I have been hearing all along.

I would love to hear from others about how long they have been waiting. We have only seen two on the road so far! The dealer is located in Northern California.

Maybe some day I will be able to report good news, but until now I'm still waiting. :o

Walked into the dealership on a Tuesday evening. Test drove a car. Picked it up from the dealer the next day. Something smells rotten.

I signed up for the RX400h at my local Lexus dealer in April 2004. I was number 25 on a list of 35 buyers. They held this list too 35 to make things simple. Today is August 6th 2005 and we are still waiting to get our hands on one. The salesperson did tell me it will be any day now, but this is what I have been hearing all along.

I would love to hear from others about how long they have been waiting. We have only seen two on the road so far! The dealer is located in Northern California.

Maybe some day I will be able to report good news, but until now I'm still waiting. :o

Walked into the dealership on a Tuesday evening. Test drove a car. Picked it up from the dealer the next day. Something smells rotten.

Saw some posts on another forum. Buyers in New York, New Jersey getting $3,000 off sticker. Dealer in Florida advertised in newspaper $3,000 off sticker on all in stock 400h's.

• 1 month later...

Well! The day has just arrived and the long wait is behind us. The RX400h is here at last. :cries:

We were on vacation when we got the call. We were so excited we cut the vacation short and came home.

The color is Millennium Silver with black leather interior. No options except heated front seats and cargo mat and wheel locks. I paid MSRP $49,233.00 with no mark-up. There are no deals to be had in my local area. When I asked the salesperson about cutting me a deal, I was told to be grateful this dealership does not mark up the vehicle like some others do! The funny thing was, on the wall is a sign telling you

"IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA THERE IS NO COOLING OFF PERIOD WHEN YOU BUY A NEW VEHICLE" I told the salesperson that 18 months is plenty of time to cool off and I'm just glad the car is finely here.

After driving this car for the first tank of gas, we are very pleased with the mileage. First tank average was 26.7 mpg. This was surprising to us because of all the time we spent at the dealer getting orientation about the car with the motor running with the air on. My wife went into informational overload and was having a brain meltdown. Way too much information!!!

This car has been worth waiting for, even if it took forever to get here. Thanks for putting up with me while I was waiting.

• 1 month later...

I waited 3 months only to find the dealer screwed up and ordered a tow hitch instead of the RES package.

I found one at another dealer in two days, got a better deal, but don't care for their service. So for service I go back to the original dealer.

I got mine 2 Weeks ago.I test drove on a Thursday went back on saturday and drove home my new white 400h with everything except rear dvd system that morning.No waiting time no extra charges no pressure for extras all from Lexus of Westminster.Love the peppy little car,came from a 99 Dodge Durango 5.9 Gas Guzzler to the extreme. B)

I ordered mine on April 23 with a $500 deposit, and I took delivery last Saturday October 22 on my silver/gray beauty :cheers: . That's six months. Dealer says demand here is still high with a wait list of 3-4 months.

I got on the waiting list in mid-May and got my car early October. All the other dealers in my area wanted a deposit except for Pleasanton which is where I bought it. No markups like the Concord dealership which forced you to get their paint/leather protection so I'm quite happy. The last tank I got a little over 500 miles!

Augie