Unusual Rattle

After about 6,000 miles on my 05 RX I developed a rattle I thought was coming from the storage area near the rear hatch. Boy was I wrong ! The rattle turned out to be coming from the sliding sun roof assembly. Lexus installed a complete new sliding roof housing assembly along with a new housing cable assembly for the sun roof assembly. I give much credit to Lexus for taking the time to find this elusive rattle and installing a complete new assembly !

Thanks again Lexus and the techs that found the problem !

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

my 05 330 currently at 14-15k has this unusual squeaking coming from the rear left seat. it sounds like an empty water bottle being squeezed like a wet towel to get the water out. theres a word for that but i forget. and so i went to great lengths to open the back of the seat and fumble around in there but nothing really by taking off those black things in the back of the seat on the trunk carpet that hold the carpet of the seat down. if i put down the seat and lock it in place, the sound is gone. my sister sat in it while i drove it but the squeak was still there, bubbling on and off but im not sure if she leaned into the seat back. the middle and right seat is fine as they are connected together, but the left one seems to be the bad boy. what, if anything, can i do? it makes for a very frustating driving experience with the up and down squeak noise.