Antenna

yea it was bound to happen ... after reading about it ... and seeing it happens to everyone

the antenna .... dont work right...

well.... the thing goes up... but then it gets stuck when there just a lil bit left to go.... and i have to pull it a lil... otherwise the motor goes crazy trying to pull it up .. !

same thing when its going down..... except ofcourse i have to give it a lil push before it starts .. and again motor goes crazy before i push ..

so.... i have an aftermarket head unit {JVC}.... which basically the antenna goes up everytime you power the headunit... which i dont mind.... but what do i do.... i know that the fm button also power the headunit....

i have heard of somethings you can do with the stock unit in order to pop this thing out..... but what do i do ?

thanks...

Neil

i just had my antenna fixed. mine was sticking when it went up, and would never go down unless someone tapped it as the motor was running. i didn't have to replace the antenna, the only thing the mechanic did was replace a cable. i will double check when i get home, but i think that was it.

also, when i first looked at the antenna the lubricant seemed to be dirty.

i'll let you know as soon as i can what got replaced.

it works great now :) and it doesn't make really annoying sounds anymore like it did when it would get stuck. nice, smooth movement

:blink::angry::pirate:

y do these problems need to just appear ? grr

thankz man... yeh i guess i gotta act..

do you remember how much they charged you though ?

and what the whole taking it out yourself deal with an aftermarket head unit ... anyone ?

NT

im not sure how much it cost me.....im still waiting to hear whats up with my fuel system. not much i assume since my family has been going to this place for ever...

the guy is out of town this week so i am just sitting waiting for him to get back while my car breaks down (the A/C is messing up now....along with other windows)

antenna work is cheap (i assume)...

whats your question about the head unit, could you make it simpler?

i read about the antenna popping out if you do something in the car.

i dont really think anything between the head unit and the antenna changed........the antenna cable probably still runs all the way to the unit itself..... and i assume the cable is in sections within the car....

i dont have an owners manual yet, but mayb there is a diagram...or one online that would show you the stock design of the antenna :) i'll look online tonight if ya like (I have nothing else to do)

it is a 1992.

well, they think it's a problem with the fuel. i see it as a CLICK and CLACK (Spelling) problem (i am usually asleep for the show, but oh well)

every morning, after i start the car, let it sit and i begin driving, about 2 minutes into driving, the rpm's freeze, the pettle is SUPER stiff and the car will not accelerate. i start pushing and yelling GO!!!! then all of a sudden, the rpm's start again.

and it usually never happened in the afternoon, but it did yesterday and it was the longest "frozen" state yet.

they thought it was the check engine light/oxygen/temp sensor, but that all has since been replaced.

i gotta go to work....i am gonna test the car again (my boss and i put fuel cleanser in it.....we'll see what that does)

thats odd... yeah usually something like that is kinda normal in the morning ... although prolly not to the effect that your saying...

but when you started it in the afternoon.... was it the first time you touched it that day?

the ant you know the answer that is why i haven't bothered to answer this question although i have noticed every post

you need the original deck and amp to send a signal to the ant to pop it up

change the amp under the seat and you lose the chime when you save radio stations and change buttons

change both and that button is gone

sorry i have no advice

the freezing problem is more than likely a throttle position sensor i doubt a fuel treatment would do anything

if you press on the gas it does not go any higher ,right?

but if you let go of the pedal do the rpm's drop or stay at the same level?

how long does it last ?

does the car just work normal but you can't pass that specific rpm?

the second time. it sits over night for 8 or more hours....that day it sat int he afternoon for about 4 hours.

thats why it weirded me out...........never had ANY of our cars do this before.....

but it seems to like the cleaner fluid :)

the car working normal..id say probably not.

and i havent tried without the pedal..... um.....and i plan to talk to the guy myself this time and explain it to him (my dad did the talking) because my friend and i have been thinking it was the cable itself sticking, or something along those lines.

would the throddle sensor set off the check engine though?

the light may get set off unless it is intermittent then it wont realize that you are pressing the pedal

look for the gap in the intake or a problem with the maf sensor in the intake tube as it seems more likely there