Shifting Thump?

nc211

So, yesterday I am backing out of a parking space at Blockbuster into the open spot behind me, which was on a slight incline. I stop the car and shift out of R and into D. There was a huge thumping from the rear differential and through the drive shaft. I did it again "put it in R and then to D" and it did it again. It's always done it a little, just the drive shaft resetting. But this time, it was very loud and rough. Any suggestions? The differential mounts are new, as is the tranny mount. Does anyone else have this every now and then? Blake, does yours do this? It sounded really bad, a lot more violent than normal.

So, yesterday I am backing out of a parking space at Blockbuster into the open spot behind me, which was on a slight incline. I stop the car and shift out of R and into D. There was a huge thumping from the rear differential and through the drive shaft. I did it again "put it in R and then to D" and it did it again. It's always done it a little, just the drive shaft resetting. But this time, it was very loud and rough. Any suggestions? The differential mounts are new, as is the tranny mount. Does anyone else have this every now and then? Blake, does yours do this? It sounded really bad, a lot more violent than normal.

Yeah I get this noise every so often too, usually when the car is cold. I brought it in to get it checked out and the only thing they could find underneath was some play in the neutral safety switch which caused a "click" noise everytime I shifted. Not dangerous just cosmetic. But the big metal on metal noise I hear when I shift from P to D or R might be the same noise you're hearing. Unfortunately the car would not make the noise when I was at the mechanic :angry:

Good luck i'll let you know if I find out what this is.