Tinted Windshield Now No Sound From Radio

icemane30

Anyone else run into this problem, I tinted the windshield and now radio has no sound. The unit powers up and I can switch from FM to CD etc.. I noticed metal stripping right behind rearview mirror, I am wondering if this tint is messing with that. It's a long shot but I can't understand why it would work right befor windshield tinted. I'm going to take it off to find out for sure. Anybody else have similar experience??? TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else run into this problem, I tinted the windshield and now radio has no sound. The unit powers up and I can switch from FM to CD etc.. I noticed metal stripping right behind rearview mirror, I am wondering if this tint is messing with that. It's a long shot but I can't understand why it would work right befor windshield tinted. I'm going to take it off to find out for sure. Anybody else have similar experience??? TIA

ok im not being rude.....but why did you tint your windshield again?...... thats no good......and i cant imagine that tintnig your windows would mess up your stereo and mirrors......but has it sturck you that who ever did it for you could have accidentally tampered wiht your car........?

• 1 month later...

Dude, the only thing i can think of is maybe in the process of tinting the windshield, they used a TON of water to apply the film. If they got your radio wet it could have damaged something inside the radio.

just my .02

• 3 months later...

Many tints contain metal - metallic tint. I was informed that this type of tint would render the NAV and radio pretty much inoperative.

I had ceramic tint installed and have experienced no problems. Hope all goes well for you.