Free Horsepower?

I've been lurking around for the past month or so, scheming on ways to get free power out of my sc400. So here are my thoughts/ ideas, Id like to hear other peoples comments/suggestions before I go into such endeavors.

1) Electric cooling fan (obvious first choice, I've been doing this on mustangs for years)

Well to my dismay and amazement, the cooling fan is powered by the power steering pump!?!?!?! Now THAT'S a first! If I scrapped the power steering powered fan, (probably a good idea anyway since these cars are known for power steering pump failures anyway. hmm, wonder why? ;) ) Do you think I would gain any rear wheel power from the reduced load on the power steering pump. Unfortunalty probably not, I know Im grasping at straws on this one.

2) Underdrive pulley kit.

Is there such an animal available for 1uz's? If not this may be something I'm going to look into creating. Unless you guys present me with any reasons why underdriving any of the components would be a particularly bad idea, please DON'T hesitate to let me know if you think so! :D

3) MY idea for a BFI (not free power, but on my mind so ill put it here)

I understand the thinking behind the BFI and it is a perfect idea for turbo cars. BUT on the V8's we have no intercooler under the passenger side headlight section. Why not extend the air intake below that and directly into the path of the far right double vent that the intercooler uses on the turbo cars, with say a k&n conical filter on the end? This would ALSO have the benefit of moving the air inlet as far away as possible from ambient engine heat and maintaining a colder air temperature.

Possible reasons this hasn't been done.

A ) Heavy dirt flow in that area? possible kicked up by the reverse vent into the wheelwell? this could

be compensated for by blocking all airways out of that chamber, having the dual effect of forcing all incoming air to one exit point.(the filter), and by blocking any dirt/debris kicked up by the tire.

B ) Most the people developing these ideas have v6 turbo cars?

C ) No one thought of that yet? cant believe this one, but mentioning it anyway.

D ) Some other reason that is bad that I missed (please tell me if you know this reason!)

That's all I have for now. Just some ideas I've had that I thought I would present to get shot down.. Please post your thoughts/ comments. Thanks!